Established as a hill station by the French in 1922, Sapa today is the tourism centre of the northwest.
Sapa is orientated to make the most of the spectacular views emerging on clear days; overlooking a plunging valley, with mountains towering above on all sides. Views of this epic scenery are often subdued by thick mist rolling across the peaks, but even when it’s cloudy, local hill-tribe people fill the town with colour.
If you were expecting a quaint alpine town, recalibrate your expectations. Sapa’s French colonial villas fell into disrepair during successive wars with the French, Americans and Chinese, and modern tourism development has mushroomed haphazardly. Sapa today is undergoing a construction boom and, thanks to rarely enforced building height restrictions, the skyline is continually thrusting upwards.
But you’re not here to hang out in town. This is northern Vietnam’s premier trekking base from where hikers launch themselves into a surrounding countryside of cascading rice terraces and tiny hill-tribe villages that seems a world apart. Once you’ve stepped out into the lush fields you’ll understand the Sapa area’s real charm.
DAY 1: HANOI – SAPA – TO Y LINH HO – LAO CHAI – TAVAN (L, D)
6.30 – 7.00: Pick up from your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter /meeting point, get on big bus and depart for Sapa Town.
9.30: Follow the highway to Lao Cai city with the first comfort break
11.00: Second comfort break at Lao Cai city before approaching Sapa
13.00: Arrive Sapa Town with colorful traditional costumes of H’Mong, Dzao, Tay ethnic People.
Welcome drink and itinerary briefing, enjoy the lunch with local Vietnamese food
14.15: A short drive to Y Linh Ho then trek through the rice terraces and along Muong Hoa Stream to the Black Hmong village of Lao Chai to see the spectacular landscape of Hoang Lien Son Mountain. You approach Ta Van village where Dzay Ethnic People inhabits in late afternoon.
Trekking distance is about 9 kms and it lasts for 3.5 hours
17.45: Check in homestay; get to know the family of Dzay People. Spend time to enjoy the mountain life on Sunset. You may attend cooking local dishes with the family and enjoy dinner in peace.
In the evening, you can join the local bar nearby with music and socialize with other tourists then overnight at homestay or free at leisure
DAY 2: TREKKING TO TA VAN – GIANG TA CHAI VILLAGE – SAPA (B, L, D)
8.00: Have breakfast prepared by the family and start a new day with more interesting trek.
8.45: Keep walking to the rice paddies where you have a nice photo session of the amazing surrounding landscapes; a trek through the bamboo forest; stop to have a panorama view of Giang Ta Chai village – home of red Dzao People.
11.00: Trek through the Giang Ta Chai Bridge to main road, bus picks you up to come back Sapa Town.
12.00 – 14.00: Welcome drink at hotel, have lunch with delicious Vietnamese dishes and check in
14.30: A short drive to the gate of Cat Cat village which is home of Black H’mong ethnic people and is located near the bottom of a deep valley at the foot of Fansipan Peak. Our local guide will show you the daily life activities of the locals, trek down to the valley bottom to the waterfall where the French built a Hydraulic Power Station, stop for photo with bridge and waterfall then you will walk uphill for bus to pick up to get back to Sapa in the afternoon.
16.30: Come back to Sapa Town. Have dinner and overnight in hotel with night activities.
DAY 3: SAPA – HANOI (B, L)
07.30: Have breakfast at hotel and free times to discover Sapa town by yourself.
11.30: Check out and clear all the bills
12.30 – 13.30: Have lunch at the hotel.
13.30 – 14.45: Relax and leisure on your own, have shower in the public bathroom in the hotel if you want.
14.45 – 15.00: Meet all group members at hotel to get ready for Hanoi.
15.30: Get on bus to go back to Hanoi with two comfort breaks.
21.15: We say goodbye to you at your hotel/stay. Finish Sapa Tour 3 Days 2 Night by bus
- New shuttle bus with AC for Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi
- Free pick up and see off in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 2 bottles of water, tissues /2 ways/person on bus Ha Noi – Sapa – Ha Noi
- Modern bus in Sapa with experienced drivers
- English speaking tour leader escorted during the bus trip Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi, local guide escorted in Sapa
- Meals per itinerary
- Admission fee
- Accommodation in Homestay + Hotel in Sapa
- Single supplement
- Others not clearly mentioned above
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing bed with parents.
- Surcharge 75% rate of adult for children (5-9 years) sharing bed with parents.
- Over 9 years is adult’s rate
- A couple travel with 2chidrend. The 2nd Child will be charge 100% adults ticket
- Quote price is applied for the booking of group of 2 up
- Quoted price is not applied for the tour departs on: Christmas Day (24-26 Dec), Eva New Year (31 Dec, 1 Jan), Lunar New Year, Liberty Day (30 Apr), Labor Day (1 May), Independence Day (2 Sep)
- Surcharge US$30/pax for those booking departs on Holiday as mentioned above
- Old people, kids should not attend the long trek (9 kms)
- You may stay overnight at homestay for 1st night or you may do on 2nd night. Our tour leader will inform you on bus to Sapa.
Thing to bring:
- Warm clothes, scarf, hat, cap because the weather in Sapa is pretty unpredictable. It is normally cold in September, October, November, December, January, February and March
- Due to altitude of Sapa, it is sometimes foggy in December, January, February and March.
- Trekking shoes, sun glasses, sun cream, insect repellent are also necessary. You should take cash with you in Vietnam Dong because banking system in Sapa sometimes doesn’t function well. US Dollar, Euro, Australian Dollar are accepted in Sapa.
- You should take medicine with you although there are some chemist’s shops in Sapa in case you get sick.
|Grade tour||Price per person in US$||Single
|1 pax||2 pax||3 – 4 pax||5 – 7 pax||8 – 10 pax|
|3* Hotel||$350||$ 320||$ 280||$230||$ 200|
(Seasonal prices apply and will be confirmed when booking! All rates are quoted in US$)
JOINT-IN GROUP PRICE – US$/person
|Type||Description||Normal price||Book tour|
|Standard||Hotel 2+||165||Book this!|
|Superior||Hotel 3+ (Golden Villa Sapa, Holiday Hotel or Similar)||185||Book this!|
|Deluxe||Hotel 4+ (Freesia Sapa Hotel, Sapa Legend or Similar)||215||Book this!|
|VIP||Hotel 4++ (Victoria Resort & Spa)||270||Book this!|