A visit to the former Australian military base at Nui Dat, the Long Tan Cross and Long Phuoc Tunnels, can be covered in a day from Saigon – this is one for those with a specialist interest in Australia’s role in the Vietnam War.
- Visit famed ANZAC battle sites in Vietnam
- Learn about ANZAC’s role in the Vietnamese conflict
- Pay respect at the Long Tan Cross Memorial
- See the Long Phuoc Tunnels
- View the former site of Horseshoe FSB
Pick up at your hotel and depart for the trip. Stop off at Ba Ria to pick up your travel permit to the sites. Visit the sight of the former Nui Dat Task Force Base. Little remains of this camp except the columns of the main gate. The former runway is now a wide street in the local village and the old heli-pad is now a soccer field. A school established by the Australians is nearby. Followed drive past the location of the Horseshoe (access not permitted these days due to mining activity) to the Discourtesy Rubber Plantation. Visit the Long Tan Cross Memorial a memorial raised by the Australians in August 1969 in memory of the great battle of Long Tan , before continuing on to the Long Phuoc Tunnels. Like other tunnels systems found in Vietnam the Long Phuoc Tunnels included meeting areas, first aid stations, and fighting pits.
End of services. Back Sai Gon and finish your Long Tan Nui Dat Battle Field tour.
|GRADE TOUR||PRICE PER PERSON IN US$||SINGLE
|1 PAX||2 PAX||3 – 4 PAX||5 – 7 PAX||8 – 10 PAX||11 – 15 PAX|
|Standard Class **||$229||$125||$100||$80||$63||$52|
Tour Price Includes:
- A/c private car (van) for pick up, transfer in the city center & sightseeing as per program.
- English speaking tour guide Vietnamese.
- Lunch at the local restaurant with Vietnamese food.
- Mineral water ( 2 bottles/day)
- Entrance fee and travel permits in Long Tan.
Tour Price Exclude:
- Travel insurance
- Departure time and meeting point: as requested.
- Other drinks and meal where not mentioned in the inclusive.
- Personal expenses ((Porter, Laundry, telephone fee, Optional Tour, etc)
- Tips for the guide and driver